Posted to alt.electronics
Art Art is offline

Default No RF input on a TV.

would require modification of the product, probably not cost effective.
"Wombat-Pipex-News" wrote in message
Hi all, Id like to pick your brains if pos.
Ive just bought x2 5.5" TVs for next to nothing. £4 in total actual. Which
I thought was a bargain.
My question is regarding an Video input.
These little TVs only have an external UHF input, which would be fine if I
wanted to use a VCR with them, but I dont.
I was hoping to connect to them via a RF/Video input which there aint the
option. :-/
I was wondering is there any part actualy missing in the TV for that
option, or should I be able to tap into a line, around the bottom of the
tuner circuit.?
I've looked inside it and there is the main board at the bottom, then a
second board on its side, which i take to be the tuner board.
These things also have a built in radio, and I think the Tuner board also
is that. Coz I can see the little Antena.
Would there be an input point at the base of the tuner card, where I could
add an input feed.?

Im not bothered if these things get busted due to pocking around inside
coz they only cost a few quid, but it would be nice to be able to use them
for CCTV type things.

Regards
Wombat.