Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Where to buy large diameter PVC pipe (14" diameter)

14" PVC might be hard to find. It comes in 2" increments from 4" to 12"
size. After that the increments are 3". Therefore it would be much easier
to find a 15" or 18" than the one for which you are looking.

Ivan Vegvary
"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I'm looking to make a firewood chute into my basement through a window,
and I need to pass down wood size up to 11x13" (the size of my furnace
door).

I was considering a length of something like 14-16" diameter PVC pipe.
Wood slides down PVC very easily and even a slight angle, so I can make
it long, maybe 15' long. Not sure if one person can handle that kind of
pipe though - how much does it weigh and what kind of wall thicknesses
are available.

I'm in central NJ if anyone knows of a place around here that sells it.

DeanB