Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default 600 C-9 light bulbs

In article . com, gus wrote:
We are putting light bulbs on a large outside tree in a city park. We
have six 100 foot strings of 100 C-9 lights. We have two 20 amp GFI
circuits available. I plan to put 300 lights on each circuit. My math
shows 2300 watts available and C-9 bulbs use 7 watts.

First problem I found - C9 bulbs consume more than 7 watts, and I have
the impression of traditionaly 10 watts!

This comes to
2100 watts. I will use 12 guage extension cords. The light strings
and bulbs are commercial grade. This all looks good on paper, but I am
worried because there is not much room for real world error. Does
anybody have experience with this many lights? Wasn't there a movie
about a guy causing a large scale blackout when he threw the switch on
his house decorations? I don't want to be that guy. Any help you can
give me would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Gus

I would allow for 10 watts per C9 bulb!