Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default David Thiel.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yup. Or, can you imagine what a monkey wrench would get thrown into a
3+ show/day schedule if someone came along and said "You can't do
that..."? I think that a technical consultant would need to be in on
the planning stage when they put together the season lineup. That's
why I contacted them last Summer (they shoot T-n-T in December). Alas,
I was told that they plan the show in December! As I recall, they
called me in December to request the Jr. which needed to be sent ASAP.
I guess that particular episode was being planned!

If they had more funding (or perhaps more time) I think that they could
probably get better (more experienced) talent. I'm sure that they can
find actors that will do it for next to nothing (call the local guild).
But, I bet that it's very difficult to find a skilled woodworker that
will work for the same amount (let alone be any good on camera).

A little research reveals this about he host of The Ultimate Workshop

He claims to be a carpenter. HA!...

Believe it or not, Jay Baker was not born a handyman. He started out
entertaining people as a musical stage performer at the age of 17. That led
to a cross-country move to Los Angeles where he spent two decades as a
working actor.

Eagle-eyed viewers will recognize Jay's appearances in Dukes of Hazzard,
Baywatch, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, as well as other popular
television series of the 80's and 90's. He's also featured in the cult
classic films April Fools Day and Shag.

In 2001, after moving his family from California back to his native
Tennessee, Jay looked for a way to combine his skills as a carpenter and
handyman with his professional pursuits in television. That effort paid off
when Jay was booked as an on-air carpenter for DIY Network's Emmy-nominated
home improvement program, Warehouse Warriors.