Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Cheapie power planer - recommendations please ??

HI Dave

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:47:34 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:10:07 +0000, Adrian wrote:

Dont you just hate doing 'unnecessary' jobs ??

New build I'd be onto the builders to do the job(s) properly to standard.
Ah, they didn't do 'em properly the first time what chance the second...

True.
Itr's more complicated than that, though.
New build it is - but we bought the place from the guy who had it
built - so we've no contract with the builders themselves.

You got it right about '2nd-time round' though - don't have a lot of
confidence in their ability to improve on what they did the 1st
time...

My "unnecessary" job today was to reskim about 4 sq foot of ceiling that
fell off as I was removing the nasty Artex (or very thick emulsion) that
was peeling off in places, I just knew would peel off completely when I
put the fresh emulsion on later.

Quite pleased it's flat and smooth, might need a bit of touching up
around the edges to blend in but otherwise I'm well chuffed. Starting to
get the hang of this plastering lark. B-)

They do say that it's all down to practise.... g
That's one job that I'll happily leave to the pros - that and anything
to do with heights....

Having said that, I need to shin up a ladder later today and find out
/ fix whatever it is that's flapping about on the roof when the strong
westerlies blow. I'm guessing it's either some UPVC fascia that's held
in place with spit, or they've not clipped the guttering in
properly....

Ho hum

Adrian