Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Where to buy large diameter PVC pipe (14" diameter)

I have used 14" PVC and yes you should be able to handle it.

As for where you can buy it, I would start at Ferguson plumbing supply
(they have several outlets in NJ). If they don't have it, I bet they
know who does. Might need to go through a plumber to actually purchase
it...a lot of those places don't sell to the public.

dean wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking to make a firewood chute into my basement through a window,
and I need to pass down wood size up to 11x13" (the size of my furnace
door).

I was considering a length of something like 14-16" diameter PVC pipe.
Wood slides down PVC very easily and even a slight angle, so I can make
it long, maybe 15' long. Not sure if one person can handle that kind of
pipe though - how much does it weigh and what kind of wall thicknesses
are available.

I'm in central NJ if anyone knows of a place around here that sells it.

DeanB