Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Trex vs. Ironwood prices

JS wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Have you ever thought about calling up the local lumberyard for prices?

Of course. I just thought someone might have a general idea of prices. I
am not looking for hard quotes here.

I know what they cost in my area, but that doesn't do you any good.
There's no point in telling you what I pay since we have no idea where
you are.

Last time I looked at Ipe, it was $2.19 a linear foot for the 5/4 x 6
decking material.

How much is a house where you live? You're asking a similar question.
There's not enough information to give you anything other than a wide
range (useless for planning purposes) or a specific number which is
unlikely to be accurate wherever you are (a dangerous number in the
planning stages).

I also agree that you should look at some other brands of composite
decking. There are a number of them. Be aware that Trex is not as
stiff as Ipe and won't span the same distance. You may need to close
up the joist spacing with the Trex.