Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Man Versus Nature

Bill in Detroit wrote in
:

George wrote:

I'm thinking of a scareturkey, but with no information in the
searches, don't know if I would just be wasting my time. Maybe
something turned with hanging shining swinging things on it?

I don't know where to find it or even what it's definitely called but
there is an electronic scarecrow thingy that actually shoots intruders
with a jet of water. It senses them, aims and squirts all on its own.

Sounds like it might work for you.

Around here (metropolitan Detroit) we are getting buried in goose poop
that we are not allowed to invite to dinner although I've considered
inviting a couple to play golf. Fore! Honk! Splat.

I've never played golf before. What club should I use and do you think
it would help if I bought some plaid pants?

Bill

Around here, suburban San Francisco, the Canadian geese stop for lunch,
and move in, at the golf courses. Some of the courses get dogs,
generally small collies of some sort, to 'keep them moving'. Only sorta
works. The poop piles up.

The water scarecrow here is sold in hardware stores, mostly for nuisance
deer abatement.

Patriarch,
not going to comment on the plaid pants....