Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default David Thiel.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Very true. Basically, they produce shows to sell advertising.
Advertising is based on viewership. Viewership is based on interest.
So, it doesn't do any good to spend a bunch of money on expertise which
may not increase interest (unless you get your money for free). Which
is why I thought they might be willing to accept free technical advise.
I can think of a number of good reasons for turning it down.

With some of the demos that I have seen on the DIY channel I think your
advise would be over their heads. Even with a shortage of funding and time
I do no believe that they have a valid excuse for doing some of the things
the way they do. I simply think they do not know any better. I'll never
for get the tall dark haired guy, host of The Ultimate WorkShop,
demonstrating how to use a stacked dado and proceeded to make a cross cut
dado on a 1 x 6 with the guard in place. He looked puzzled when the board
hit the back of the guard and it stopped moving. He then proceeded to pull
the board back through the spinning dado blades. I cannot believe the next
shot was not of him laying on the floor. That was ignorance, not a lack of
funding or time.