Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
John Beardmore John Beardmore is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

In message , Joe Fischer
writes
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:42:44 +0000, John Beardmore
wrote:
In message , Joe Fischer
writes
On 19 Nov 2006 01:36:41 -0800, wrote:
The solution really needs to focus on renewable

energy, and that should help with any global warming
problem,

Seems fair.

if there is one.

Seems probable.

I am searching for something to convince me,
right now I am looking for __THE__ current global
mean temperature.

I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard to track down.

But there is likely to be no solution to rising
sea level, even without undersea volcanos or mountain
building, sediment runoff from the worlds rivers will
eventually cause sea level to rise, it is inevitable.

Though presumably geological activity will also provide new land.

New land raises sea level,

But it also puts new land above it.

and doesn't help buildings
going underwater.

I suspect geological time scale we can move fairly fast.

In the immediate future, global warming is
not the scary thing, volcanic activity on the continent
of Antarctica should be the most feared thing by
property owners in low lying coastal areas.

And second, maybe volcanic activity in Greenland.

Why these areas as opposed to say Yellowstone ?

Yellowstone is something else entirely, 500,000 years
vs 30,000 for ice ages.

Yes, but the geologists tell us that the caldera is rising and that an
eruption is any time soon. Granted on a 500,000 year cycle, 'a bit
late' can be 10,000 years, but to have the ground rise measurably in a
human lifetime should be a cause for concern I would have thought ?

If something caused the ice sheets in either Antarctica
or Greenland to slide into the ocean,

Or melt.

water would be in the
streets of london and New York.