Posted to alt.home.repair
cavedweller cavedweller is offline

Default Measuring the grade of a patio

RicodJour wrote:
Wayne Whitney wrote:

What about for a patio adjoining a house? 1/8" per foot is the
"proper" slope for a patio, but building codes typically specify that
around the foundation there should be a 6" drop over 10 feet, with an
exception allowing 1/4" per foot where conditions warrant. So should
a patio adjoining a house have a 1/4" per foot slope for the first ten
feet away from the house?

No. The slope of a permeable soil surface requires a greater slope.
An impermeable patio surface does not.

....and unless I've missed something, we still don't know what the
surface of the patio. I know the OP said he had concrete in his hips.