Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred Wilson Fred Wilson is offline

Default How to install flooring (Subfloor un-even)

Hello all,

My wife has had it with the carpet in our kitchen (i really don't blame
her). So we all know what that means, Fred is going to be installing
flooring.

Here is the catch. A few years ago I remodeled our basement. One of the
joist under the kitchen was failing so I put in another joist next to
the old one. In doing so, I jacked up the floor a little too far and did
not catch it until it was way too late; after the glue dried and the
bolts were in.

So anyway, there is hump in the floor. It is not visually noticeable
with the carpet down but you can feel it when you walk across the floor.
I have to say, that portion of the floor is REAL strong.

Short of very small tile (really don't want tile) what are our options?
I really think that using sheet lanolium would be a very bad idea as it
will telegraph the hump and cheapen the kitchen.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Fred