Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron in NY Ron in NY is offline

Default After flushing toilet, it fills again, it leaks water until I open lid and pull that ball little up

"GS" wrote:

Guys,

Recently my toilet chain was broken, I got new chain and fixed it,
since then After flushing toilet, it fills that tank again, then it
leaks water until I open lid and pull that ball upwards littelbit, how
to fix this?. I want to Home depot, he was telling, I have to replace
the whole tank, but issue is, as soon as I open lid and pull that rod
(with ball) upward littlebit, then water leak stops, can somebody
suggest me what to do, how to fix this?. Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that there is some slack in the chain when it is at rest ??? My
daughter had a similar problem. The water would not shut off because the flapper
was under tension from the tight chain, and it leaked just enough to keep the
water from shutting off unless you pulled up on the valve. If you did that, the
water shut off, but a minute or two later, it started running again as enough
water went into the bowl to lower the level in the tank. Check to make sure that
there is some slack in that chain you replaced.

RON

Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.