Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default sump pump delay switch

He didn't say delay the "on".

read first

steve

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

Paul Oman wrote:
my sump pump is in an earthen pit and ground water seeps in causing the
electronic float switch to cycle on and off about every 90 seconds. I am
looking for a delay off switch that would delay the pump from turning
off for 10 or 15 seconds so that the of-off cycling would be greatly
reduced. Cannot find such a 'delay' switch / electrical plug. Any ideas?

paul

I don't follow what the delay switch would accomplish. If water is
coming in that fast, delaying the 'on' would cause the sump to
overflow.

If it can go the 10-15 sec without overflowing you can replace a
subersible pump with a pedestal and perhaps gain a bit on the duty
cycle. Depends on the depth of the sump.

Or, as it is in an 'earthen pit' you could deepen the sump and change
to a pedestal type pump (if you have a submerible now). Maybe even put
an extension on the pedestal and go really deep with the sump.

Harry K