Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Sharp EL5100 calculator.

In article ,
"ian field" wrote:

If its a Sharp, simply google for it there are people out there selling
spares but at inflated prices! My EL5100 has a little bit of sentimental
value because it was a present from a relative when I started college, and I
quite like the 10 or so memories that can store 80 term formulas, but I have
plenty of other calculators that do most things I need and I didn't like the
look of the Sharp spares prices.

Ian-

I see what you mean. However, I was only able to find two places that
listed the part (VVLLF8034XE-1). One, bigwarehouse.com.au, listed it
for $97.25. I assume this is in Australian dollars.

The other, Partstore.com, listed it as "not available". They have a
reverse-lookup that shows the display is also used in the EL506D
calculator, which I happen to have. Sadly, the EL506D display is about
half as long as the one on the EL5100.

A year or two back, I was able to obtain a user manual for a Sharp
microwave by calling a number in South Florida. Perhaps I can locate a
display by following that route. Or maybe not, at that kind of price!

Fred