Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default No hot water from Vaillant Turbomax 828E Boiler

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 02:40:07 -0800, Gravesy wrote:

Ed,

Finally I have been able to check diagnotsic mode 24 and it does flick
between 0 and 1 when hot water is being drawn.

Should I therefore assume that it is the APS that requires replacing?
Would this switch also be the cause of not being able to draw any hot
water for ages as well as it fluctuating in temperature?

Also, why does this not affect the central heating system which seems
to operate perfectly?

Thank you very much for your help. Like many others have found, you are
a life saver!

The problem is that the APS is _literally_ flapping in the breeze. For HW
this cause fluctuations and delays. With the CH provided the flame on time
is a sufficient proportion of the time you will have the a proportion of
the 28k available. Which is likely a factor of several of what's needed to
run the CH in Autumn.

When the diverter valve goes down you some times don't get any heating.