Gunner

Default OT-John Kerry

On 30 Jan 2004 17:11:25 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , JTMcC says...

Blaming anti-war protesters for deaths of soldiers in that
war is nonsensical.

No, it isn't.

Yes it is. If you send soldiers to fight a war, some
of them will get killed. If you bring them home, no
more will be.

This is what my grandmother used to call "if you don't
want to get hit by a train, don't play on the RR tracks."

True then, true now.

Jim

Jim...you have a curious blind spot. Others besides myself have given
you very good and reliable examples of how the protestors caused the
deaths of our troops. Examples I too can back up.

Other than JFK, perhaps the only real president to fight the war in RVN
was Nixon..and he inherited a bag of bloodworms that even he couldnt
handle, once all the damage had been done.

LBJ claimed not an outhouse in vietnam would get bombed without his
sayso. He micromanaged the war based on the polls and protests that
week. He setup ROE that were impossible to live with without costing
American lives, just to name a few.

As Greg (?) said..indeed I also encountered NVA and Cong prisoners who
fought harder because of the support from Hollywood. etc. Most of those
poor *******s came south pushing a bicycle covered with supplies, 2000
miles, and without encouragement from the protesters (and the AK47s of
their Political Officer), would simply have quit and gone home.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli