Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie Jud McCranie is offline

Default telephone wiring problem

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:00:10 -0600, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

If you DO connect all like (matching) conductors, you are making a "tap" or
"three-way" (in-jack-out) connection. This is often done by placing BOTH
like-colored conductors behind the appropriate terminal screw of the device
(jack).

OK, I think I understand that now. I thought that a 3-way might be
two wires going in and one the same and one different going out.

It is a VERY primitive scheme: If the house just disappeared, you would have
one, LONG length of cable.

In our case we have two cables, according to the phone guy.

See if this sig is OK, I added a space after the dashes.
--
Replace you know what by j to email