Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Solid Counter top for the DIY

On Nov 18, 11:00 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
[snip]

PS Yes, I do have a degree in engineering. You?Georgia Tech '79. Now what's a smart boy like you doing installing

counters for a living?

I retired in 2003 at age 54. I sold my business, which as part of the
services included the fabrication of solid surface countertops. Mostly
in commercial application such as Burger king, McDonalds etc.
To keep myself in turbo chargers for my other hobby, I decided to make
a few tops here and there for people (*cueing up some angelic choir
music*) who otherwise couldn't have afforded them.
Turns out I got busier than I wanted to be, but somehow I'll control
that in the near future. For now I am raking in the megabucks and
buying my town, city block by city block. Ordered a new Bentley and a
Gulfstream IV jet as well.
I'm going to paint great big ****ing Corian logos all over them too.

As if.