Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jacob Aziza Jacob Aziza is offline

Default TV shuts off if any input signal is connected.

Thank you for your responce.
Should there be voltage between any of those places?
When you say "earth" you mean the ground wire at the outlet, right?

Michael Kennedy wrote:
Check for voltage between the antenna port and your antenna wire with a
voltmeter. Also check between your antenna and earth for voltage and the
antenna port and earth.

This should give you some idea where to start looking for problems.

- Mike

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"Jacob Aziza" wrote in message
oups.com...

Could you explain what this means, what it would cause, and how I can
fix it?

It may mean that you have a live chassis (which is strange these days) and
that you have bypassed the safety system built into the set, which is very
dangerous.

Why would it happen only when connected to a video source?

Because that's when you are grounding the antenna input.

The same exact wires plugged into my other TV set works 100%, so they
are not grounded. But if it were grounded internally, it shouldn't
matter if a video source is plugged in or not. Right?

Right. Something is wrong.