Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Bill is offline

Default Musing about imperfect collars, finials and all that.

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 02:54:08 +0000, Bill wrote:

I posted the bowl in question on ABPW as "BE finial".

BTW, in keeping with current rules regarding such, the bowl is a
relatively uniform 1/8" or less thick until just before it meets the base.
Am contemplating drilling a hole in the end of the finial and adding a
piece of 3/16" brass rod all the way through the lid, sanded and polished
just as a man-made accent point to some truly intriguing grain.

Contemplating ... but not yet decided.

When I met the wood, about 18 months ago, it was still oozing sap.

Bill

--who 'plays by the rules' when it suits him ;-)