Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Inline Crimps - longish reply to other posts

In article ,
Stephen Dawson wrote:
My original point regarding Dave's post was that I have and do such
repairs, using crimps and heatshrink, but some time the crimp does not
hold or I missed for some reason.

Just as a follow up, the insulated type may be approved, but have you ever
removed the insulation and examined one after crimping? They look
terrible. I far prefer non insulated types where the crimper has shaped
jaws which turn one side of the crimp sort of in on itself. They may both
be functional, but one 'looks' so much better.

--
*The statement above is false

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.