Posted to alt.home.repair
Handi Handi is offline

Default Venting bathroom fan through the ridge vent

No, you should never vent into your attic.

Can I suggest that you buy a soffit vent kit for your bathroom exhaust.
Simply ask the fellow at your local building supply store for one, explain
what you want to do. You can run the piping along the ceiling joists to the
soffit.

Depending on your climate you may need to run an insulated exhaust vent pipe
pitched towards the vent. In colder climate warm moist air from the bathroom
can easily condense in the pipe and if it does you want it to run out the
vent.

My soffits aren't long enough for a soffit exhaust vent otherwise I'd use
one.

Handi

"Mike Shapp" wrote in message
In the process of replacing my upstairs bathroon fan, I found that it was
venting into the attic. Since the fan is directly underneath the ridge,
I'm wondering if there's any reason that I shouldn't vent it out through
the ridge vent?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Shapp