Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Vacuum cleaner

In article .com,
says...
We have a couple of Oreks. Bought one at store, the other refurbished
over the Internet (for upstairs, so we don't have to cart it up and
down). We live at the DE shore on the Atlantic ocean. LOTS of sand
(small furry dog, grandchildren, etc.). Picks things up as nice as you
please. However, on shag carpet (one bedroom), it is a trifle difficult
to push, as there is no self-propel feature. On tighter carpets,
floors, you can't beat it. Local outlet here, so no problem getting
bags, a spare belt, etc. Have had it for about 5 years now, and no
problems. Simple design is good...

We have a Dyson for the downstairs. My wife loves it. A couple of
months ago I found that Orec had a deal with my employer ($150
delivered) so I picked one up for the upstairs. It seemed kinda
"cheap" (I suppose light has that feel but it works quite well.
We also have local stores (I think, one went out of business) so I
wasn't worried about bags or belts. They're common enough that the
consumables should be easy to find.

--
Keith