Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field ian field is offline

Default Sharp EL5100 calculator.

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
In article ,
"ian field" wrote:

Anyone know what causes dark clouds to gather along the top edge of the
LCD?!

Ian-

I don't know about yours, but mine has a completely black LCD display.

I haven't done anything about it after several years, but it would be
neat to restore it to operation. Does anyone know where I would look to
find a new display?

Fred

If its a Sharp, simply google for it there are people out there selling
spares but at inflated prices! My EL5100 has a little bit of sentimental
value because it was a present from a relative when I started college, and I
quite like the 10 or so memories that can store 80 term formulas, but I have
plenty of other calculators that do most things I need and I didn't like the
look of the Sharp spares prices.