Posted to rec.woodworking
Mapdude Mapdude is offline

Default Question for guitar builders

post some pictures. I would love to see your work.....

a.b.p.woodworking is a good place to post

Kiwanda wrote:

I'm at the finishing stage of a semi-solid body electric I made from
hard ash with a maple cap split by two 1" strips of walnut. The
double-cutaway ash body is hollowed out within 3/8" of the rim except
for the center core which I left intact for mounting the neck, pickups,
and bridge. I cut F-holes in the top and made mounting rings for the
pickups from thin walnut stock to match the strips in the top. I put
twin P90s in and am still playing around with the electronics, but am
probably going to go with mini-toggles for each pickup (in
phase-off-out of phase), a single volume, and a varitone type circuit.
The finish will be clear lacquer but I'll probably tint it toward amber
a bit to help bring out the figure in the maple top. The neck is a tele
copy of rock maple with a rosewood fretboard.

-Kiwanda