Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Best energy savers

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:57:45 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

I got a couple free from British Gas recently.

I got 5 free (Philips branded) after doing an home energy survey thing. I
was hoping to get some (more) loft insulation. What we have is in poor
condition and covered in debris from the roof replacement. I'd like to
chuck it all out and start a fresh with 100mm between the current ceiling
joists, fit more 100mm joists cross ways fill that void and board.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Youd get a grant towards that, phone your local council, My grant form
has gone in for topping up existing roof insulation in the "old" part
of the house and cavity wall isulation, the extension's all kitted out
with "mucho" kingspan 'n rockwool, with K glass throughout, dunno how
effective the K glass is really, how the hell do you measure it? nice
little earner for Pilkington though