Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
raden raden is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

In message , OldNick
writes
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:09:03 +0800, OldNick
wrote:

Actually I am not sure I _do_ agree. Still interested in your basis.

Nick - the fact that you live upside down doesn't mean that you have to
top post

it's just a sign of being mentally retarded - err .. like a septic

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:12:22 GMT, raden wrote:

Well, having done a few quick calcs, I tend to agree, unless you had a
HUGE heating panel to get it active the next morning.

However, I would be interested in your calcs and figures, as you seem
to feel strongly about this G

Like ...

what time the sun rises in winter, how big a thermal store you would
need to store sufficient heat overnight

it's just not very realistic for heating

--
geoff