Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:13:43 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

Part of the answer is that it depends on the wind resources
available at the particular site. Another part of the answer is that
it is usually better (in financial as well as environmental terms)
to save energy than generate it. Both these are things groups like
Friends of the Earth have said for a long time.

A bit woolly....

Simplistic answers, particularly in marketing leaflets, are
something you criticised in other posts. Non-simplistic answers can
be called woolly, but most interesting questions cannot be answered
with sound bites.

On your other question, I'm not jumping to requests for ever more
detailed figures. Information has been produced by others should
people wish to follow it up, though there is still much work to do
on the subject.

People could also wait for the evidence given to the "enquiry" on
the subject by the DTI. At the moment they are calling for evidence.
I see that OFGEM are doing something similar.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh