Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best energy savers

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
One advantage seems to be that they produce less heat. I've used CFL
replacements for R25 spots in fittings at Mrs F's shop and also in the
house. The only headache IMO is that despite the claims, a 14W CFL does
not provide as much light as a 25W incandescent bulb.

In theory it should produce more light - as less than double isn't one of
the extravagant claims. Perhaps it's more to do with the optics and beam
concentration. I've got one of the expensive RO80 replacements, and if
anything it produces more light than its filament predecessor. Can't
really comment on the beam pattern as I have barn doors around it. ;-)

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.