Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:15:43 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

I wonder how much the sales people focus on any of the others than the
possibility that the customer might save money. Maybe.

Are you expecting those of us in favour of such things to apologise
for the way some salespeople try and sell them?

In terms of worthiness, I suppose it depends on what one means by worthiness.
Incrementalism is a poor argument at the best of times and one might have
hoped that people would be smart enough to realise that they won't save
the world through installing a solar panel.

People said much the same sort of thing to a very great man when he
took on the largest empire in the world over the salt tax. As events
proved they were wrong and the largest empire the world has ever
seen was humbled.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh