Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default HArbor Freight Lathe

cm wrote:

Some people on here have never been poor.

cm

I have. I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better ... but poor
is workable.

You gave the young man good advice. Three cheers for a wife who wants to
work alongside her husband in a family venture!

I've used that model lathe for two years now and turned some nice pieces
with it ... with more on the way. It isn't a Oneway ... but if he waits
until he can afford a top-shelf lathe, he may never ever become a
woodturner.

I'd like to have a better lathe ... but I need better shop lighting
first. The lathe can already spin wood ... it would be nice if I could
see it better.

Bill