Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jacob Aziza Jacob Aziza is offline

Default TV shuts off if any input signal is connected.

Could you explain what this means, what it would cause, and how I can
fix it?

Why would it happen only when connected to a video source?

The same exact wires plugged into my other TV set works 100%, so they
are not grounded. But if it were grounded internally, it shouldn't
matter if a video source is plugged in or not. Right?

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"Jacob Aziza" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have found that this only happens when the antenna is plugged in
(actually the coax line is from the ReplayTV, which in turn is plugged
into a 12v amplified roof antenna via coax)

Sounds like you are grounding the set out - this is very bad and possibly
dangerous.