Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default -27volts from a PC power supply

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:9os7h.95$mM1.63@trndny08...
fredrickew wrote:
Sorry, just noticed that there are two more rails also, a -12v and an
AC3.9v. I'm not sure if the AC is refering to Alternate Current or
accessory. I'm pretty sure it would be a dc rail though.

The AC voltage is for the heater in the VFD display. You'll spend a lot
more time re-engineering a PC power supply to work than you will just
fixing the original.

Likewise, the -27v is also for the VFD. The 3.3v will be the CPU core
voltage, so must be properly regulated. If you have done damage beyond the
original PSU fault, it's probably not worth wasting more time and effort on.
Just what additional components do you think you have fried ?

Arfa