Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
raden raden is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

In message , OldNick
writes
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:12:22 GMT, raden wrote:

Well, having done a few quick calcs, I tend to agree, unless you had a
HUGE heating panel to get it active the next morning.

However, I would be interested in your calcs and figures, as you seem
to feel strongly about this G

(Look ... a contextual reply - the post has a chance to flow)

I have just had a run in with a company who ripped off my parents.
Having just done a "fag packet" response, they freely admitted that
solar central heating is a non starter for the reasons I stated below
(which, if you hadn't top posted would have been in the correct place to
quote)

I haven't done any detailed calcs, but they obviously have

Like ...

what time the sun rises in winter, how big a thermal store you would
need to store sufficient heat overnight

it's just not very realistic for heating

--
geoff