Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermostat question and a Worcester Fact about short cycle

In article .com,
Golan wrote:
I installed a simple 2 wire mechanical room thermostat to my combi and
to tall you the truth I am not happy with it so much. When I set it to
21 degrees it fells like the flat get wormer than that, around 24 and
after it click off it the flat cool's down for a long time (about 3
hours) the temperature in the flat drops to around 19.5 degree, and
than the thermostat click back on. I ask a friend of mine and he told
me that it is normal for this kind of thermostat to be inaccurate in
about 2-3 degree. He sad that in a month time when it's going to get
colder I will not feel big up and down in the temperatures. So I am
asking you what you think.

A mechanical thermostat of the two wire type *will* be inaccurate much of
the time. Most have an accelerator coil to help this so need a neutral, so
three wires. If you wish to stick with a two wire circuit, get a battery
operated programmable type. Those use a modern solid state sensor which is
far better.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.