Posted to alt.home.repair
William J. Burlingame William J. Burlingame is offline

Default Under Counter Oven Installation.

I plan to install an electric wall oven under gas cook top. At the
same time I am replacing the base cabinets. The installation guide
says the oven should set on a .75 inch thick platform at a maximum of
4.5 inches above the floor. The bottom of my old cabinets were 6
inches above the floor. If I use a 1.5 inch face, that will make the
toe kick area only 3 inches high. Why would the manufacturer have a
maximum height above the floor? There will be plenty of room between
the oven and the cook top to increase that distance some.

bs has been included as part of my e-mail address to reduce the
amount of spam mail. Change the 'bs'in my address to 'bellsouth'
to send me a message.

Bill Burlingame