Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Radiator Stop-Leak in 4.6L ?

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 07:07:14 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

The Barr's might get you through the winter. Yes, it can plug up
the radiator and the heater core.

I had mine reworked this past summer. $65.00 rodded out the tubes
and reset the plastic tanks. I took the radiator out and carried
it to the radiator shop.
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

Greetings,

Can you describe "rodded out the tubes"?
You got to see the faulty connection between
tank(s) and alum. core? Can describe?

If I knew exactly what I was dealing with, I
might be able to figger what to do (I can
raise $65, not $500).

Right now it's kinda like "Is it Animal,
Vegetable, or Mineral???". :-)

Thx,
Puddin'

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .

'94 TBird LX V8, 64k mi.

Rad. started leaking a little last winter, only when temp was
below, say, 30 F.

Rad. is aluminum finned unit in middle, evidently plastic tank
on each end. I'm told that the connection from tank to finned
unit fails to seal as the years go by. Tracing the location of
the leak seems to confirm.

I can't afford new radiator, hoses, etc, and it's generally too
damned cold to work on it anyway.

I have an 11 oz. jug of Bars Leaks Stop Leak (Original
Pelletized
Formula) that I bought last year and was afraid to use ...

What'll this stuff do to my cooling etc system(s)? Maybe gum-up
my heater core?

Would you use this or other rad. additive?

Thx,
Puddin'

Pease pudding hot,
Pease pudding cold,