Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default Mistakes or sloppy work

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Locutus" wrote in message

Those jobs are replaced by other, higher paying jobs. Such as transport,
importation, sales, and distribution. Also, the products are cheaper,
allowing your US dollar to buy more than it otherwise could.

Considering the amount of jobs that are being contracted at cheaper rates
overseas, it's obvious you have absolutely no idea what you're talking
about.

Amazing that more people are employeed now than ever before, since you think
there are now fewer jobs to be had.

I didn't say there were not jobs being contracted out overseas, what I said
is that contracting work out overseas creates jobs here. How? The product
price becomes lower, more units can be sold, more people are need to sell
those units, transport those units, distribute those units and import those
units. Because of lower production costs, many products are a reality that
would have never seen the market if they had to be made here, as the
production costs wouldn't support the price point of the product.

I own and operate company that has many of it's products made overseas. And
you think I don't have any idea what I am talking about? What do you do for
a living?