Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Slick marketing by Vaillant but it leaves me wondering.

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Owain wrote:
Ed Sirett wrote:
This week I put a 31kW Vaillant Condensing Combi in. The other month I
put
in a 24kW unit. As I was doing the job, I started to think is there
_anything_ in the boiler that's different between the two units? ...
I strongly suspect the 37kW unit is also the same (the fan will just go
yet faster). I did a 28kW unit about 12 month ago and that ran to the
mid
400s on HW.

Then ask yourself how long a 28kW unit will last when running at 37kW?

If the only difference is in fact the firmware, as it may be, as long as
the 37Kw stamped one.

It is a matter of goping through part numbers on prime points. You may find
only two differences: the pcb and injector.