Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Cheapest place for water softener salt

On 2006-11-17 18:15:29 +0000, "Christian McArdle"
said:

Any reason not to use conventional dishwasher powder, without the 'salt
action'?

It is messy and you have to dose it. However, I suspect I should move
towards it, as the tablet manufacturers insist on still wrapping the
tablets individually, which is bad.

Christian.

I imagine that that is so that you can easily handle the tablets,
unwrapping them without touching them. The detergent seems to be
quite pokey. I managed to get some on a piece of raw skin and it hurt
quite a bit.