Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default elevated concrete slab demolition

HeyBub wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Forget about using a sawzall to cut rebar, it simply doesn't work, at
least not in any reasonable time frame. Rebar is hard, nasty **** to
cut, trust me, I've tried with a sawzall and good blade and gave up
about 1/4 of the way through a piece of 1/2" rebar. Use an abrasive
cutoff wheel on either an angle grinder, or a demo saw and have plenty
of spare wheels.

Or a torch. Torch = more fun.

Yes, however then he will likely set the planks on top of the
scaffolding that the whole slab is resting on on fire which is probably
not a good thing, especially if it's adjacent to his house.

Pete C.