Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default fixing Andersen windows

No, best I can figure I have 200 series "narroline" windows from
looking at their web site.

thanks,

nate

Art wrote:
We had to replace a damaged sill on a vinyl clad Andersen window. We
ordered all the parts from Andersen and they were very helpful on the phone.
But taking it apart and putting it back together is not much fun and hard to
get right. We don't have tilt out windows. If you have those your mileage
may vary.

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
anyone have any experience fixing Andersen double hung windows with
nonfunctional counterbalance hardware? After perusing their web site and
finding out how to remove the plastic sash liners I think I see how this
is supposed to work, but just wondered if there were any gotchas. I'm
assuming I will find either broken springs or rotted cords, but the
windows themselves are still in good shape so I am not motivated to
replace them.

thanks,

nate

--