Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Modem Phone line filter

Adrian C wrote:

Bob Urz wrote:
Anybody got a good resource on how to build a phone line filter?
I am near a AM radio tower and its really killing my dial up modem
at times. I tried a DSL filter in line. but i think the AM band is
not getting attenuated enough to do much good.

Does your telephone company have a duty in contract to provide you a
clean phone line connection? Let them sort out filtering for you, and
maybe boost the line perhaps?

More signal, to make the problem worse? Something is being driven
into a non-linear operation, rectifying the RF.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida