Posted to alt.electronics
Wombat-Pipex-News Wombat-Pipex-News is offline

Default 3 LEDs and 3 Switches..

Hi John.
But wont that design only produce One fixed tone.?
Each LED will have a tone of its own, from the 5089 Multi Tone Design.

I should imagine that the one bellow will b emuch more like the tones made
from a 555 Timer.

Regards
Wombat.

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:20:18 -0500, "Wombat-Pipex-News"
wrote:

Dude its complicated enough !! :-)
The 5089 looks simple from this diagram i have.
Im a hobby ist !!
:-)

---
I figured you were, but no problem. Here's the simple gated
oscillator: (view in Courier)

+--------[0.1µF]----+
| |
+--[1K8]-+ |
| | |
+--A | |
| NOR Y--+--A |
______ +--B NOR Y----+----3kHz OUT

"A" and "B" are the inputs of the two NORs, the "Y"s are their
outputs, and to make it run you pull the ENABLE input low for as
long as you want the thing to oscillate.

--
JF