Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling Ian Stirling is offline

Default Slick marketing by Vaillant but it leaves me wondering.

Owain wrote:
Ed Sirett wrote:
This week I put a 31kW Vaillant Condensing Combi in. The other month I put
in a 24kW unit. As I was doing the job, I started to think is there
_anything_ in the boiler that's different between the two units? ...
I strongly suspect the 37kW unit is also the same (the fan will just go
yet faster). I did a 28kW unit about 12 month ago and that ran to the mid
400s on HW.

Then ask yourself how long a 28kW unit will last when running at 37kW?

If the only difference is in fact the firmware, as it may be, as long as
the 37Kw stamped one.

Part of me is truly impressed with the design which makes a whole range of
models from the same production line. Part of me is wondering by
what mechanism can a the huge price differentials be maintained ( ?815
versus ?1009) for essentially a firmware difference.

Intel manage it and AFAIK they don't even change the firmware, just
disable bits of processor. Zap! and the power is gone.