Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Queens speech

Broadback wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "
saying something like:

My apologies, I should have added "If you don't have any further
information regarding this particular proposal, please feel free to
have an inarticulate, bigoted rant on some barely related topic".

**** off, this is usenet. IBrants are the meat and drink of it and
provide entertainment for countless dozens out there.

It is not that I am defending the Queen, but have you not noticed that
only the ordinary peeps pay death duties, it is not just the Queen who
evades them, all the powerful people do as well, how else do they keep
their power? As they have the power behind the scenes the death duty
laws, enabling them to evade it will never be altered.

Dead people don't keep power mutt.

Rich people organoise tpo have their cash mountains invested in things
that dohe Bermudas, outside tax laws.

Its funny to hear the anti-toff brogade now getting upset about death
duties - once the most vicious of the anti-toff legislation ever
introduced, which caused the demise of most of the large estates in this
country.

As a typical example of an asset tax, along with car tax, council tax
and the like, its just another way to make sure no one can own anything
that doesn't produce enough value to pay for its tax, or lasts long
enough to be worth something when they die.

They should all be scrapped.