Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable Capacities - Self Build Wiki

In article ,
wrote:
Why is the capacity of the single significantly less than the T&E?

I would have thought it would be the other way round as there is
potentially twice the current flowing in the T&E cable and hence a
higher heating effect.

The current flowing in line and neutral should be the same. Especially if
you have an RCD. ;-)

I'd say it's a typo. Unless you know what the conditions of use are they
are the same according to my tables. Or even the TLC site. ;-)

Of course singles are frequently bunched within conduit or trunking.

--
*It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.