Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default laptop motherboard repair how?

fggfgf ) writes:
What are these guys that sell flat rate laptop
repairs on ebay for $100 doing? They claim to
do chip level repairs and will fix anything for
that same low price. I don't understand how they
can repair those boards let alone for $100. Does
anyone know what is going on? Are these places
typically reputable?

I keep seeing ads in the local newsgroup from people looking to
buy broken laptops (and Ipods too for that matter), so I suspect
they are transplanting. Either that, or they are hoping the problem
is insignificant and they can get it cheap enough that the time spent
fixing the problem provides a profit

Michael