Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] klat2_98@yahoo.com is offline

Default Help, how do I dry out wet camcorder?

Recently I took a JVC Hard Disk Camcorder model GZ-MG37U out near
the beach on a very stormy day. A huge ocean wave came up and threw
water all over us while the camcorder was recording. I wiped it
immediately. But later when I tried to tape something it said
"Recording Failure". When I put it in play mode only a few of the
indexes showed up. It won't play any "HDD Error! keeps showing up.
I was able to make it "Protect All" the files. It did it because I can
see the 'key' symbol in each index box. Most of each index boxes are
black. But they do show the date, time and quality setting when
trying to play them.

In record mode it shows what the lens is pointing at but then turns
itself off then on over and over. I was able to change the quality but
not get it to record.

I've performed the "Clean Up" operation on it. But it doesn't seem to
help. But will it help if I do it over and over?

BTW, the "Still Image Mode" is working perfectly. It plays and
records.

I know very little about hard drive Camcorder. What should I do to get
it working again?

Ben